ISS Community Services are designed to support individuals to live as independently as possible in their own homes; ISS help people overcome the barriers that vulnerable, at risk and disadvantaged people face by actively supporting people not only with day to day practical issues, but also with life enhancing opportunities.
ISS are able to assist you with personal budgets, as a team we are experienced with support planning and work very closely with other professionals, such as the Social Services.
ISS Community Support is very much client led, we invite our service users to be involved with the recruitment of staff and volunteers and we provide appropriate training for our clients to ensure that they undertake this process with confidence.
ISS regularly invite clients to management meetings as we want our client group to help shape our services and be part of ISS development so that we can respond to identified and relevant needs within our community.
Our Community Services are flexible and holistic; therefore we do not just operate on a 9 to 5 basis. We will (within reason) support at weekends and evenings.
ISS offer Community Support to include;
- We can support you with the acquisition and management of your personal budget
- Helping you overcome social isolation
- Housing related support i.e. how to find and retain appropriate housing
- Help with understanding letters and forms that you receive
- We will make phone calls on your behalf to ensure that you receive the best service from your utility companies
- Help making appointments with medical services
- Advocacy, supporting you in understanding your rights
- Support in improving your training and employment issues
- Support with maximising your benefits
- Sign Posting to other agencies