Deaf Awareness Training
These courses are packed full of information about different types of Deafness, communications tactics, sign language and lip reading. The training is interactive, and engaging whilst providing valid and valuable learning tools.
All our sessions are taught by our experienced Deaf tutor, accompanied by an Interpreter.
We can arrange short 1 ½ hour lectures, half day or full day sessions.
Our courses are bespoke and can be tailored to meet the needs of the organisation or group.
The costs include course preparation, materials, tutor time and an Interpreter. As well as student resource packs and attendance certificate.
Learning objectives – By the end of this course, students will
- Understand how to recognise Deafness
- Understand how Deafness and attitudes to Deafness affect communication
- Identify the main groups of Deaf people and the methods of communication they use/prefer
- Understand actions which can help reduce discrimination
- Understand the potential of Technical Aids to Communications.
- Understand how to identify differences between cultures based on sign language and spoken language
- Have gained some basic sign language and learnt the finger-spelling alphabet
Who are our courses aimed at?
- Frontline staff in the Health and Social care sector
- Public Service providers
- Community groups
- Educational institutions
To discuss your individual training requirements, email email@example.com or call 01983 551321